- We collect personal information and the type of information we collect depends on what products you use and how you use them.
- You have the right to access your personal information. You may contact our Data Protection Officer (data-controller[at]mysteriouspackage.com) at any time with inquiries about your personal data, to update your personal data, or to request that we delete your personal data.
- The type and nature of the data we collect includes information you provide to us directly (ie name, email, mailing address, phone number, log-in credentials, purchase and payment details) and information we may collect to customize our Services (ie cookies, pixels and UTM codes).
- We use your data to provide and personalise the Services, for marketing and ads, and to respond to queries and monitor use of our Services.
- We may send you marketing materials relating to other services we think may be of interest to you which you can opt out of at any time. We don't give or sell your data to third parties for them to market to you.
The Mysterious Package Company (“MPC”) operates a Site and online store, www.mysteriouspackage.com (the Site). It is MPC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our Site.
At The Mysterious Package Company we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t request personal information unless we truly need it;
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, process payments, develop our products, protect our rights, or in the rare case that a recipient that you sent one of our products to requests your name (in this case we use judgement and will only reveal your name if the recipient is distressed);
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our Services.
What information do we collect?
Likely situations when you are making personal information available to MPC include, but are not limited to: (i) by using our website, (ii) registration for Services, contests and special events; (iii) accessing Services using a third party ID, such as social networking sites; (iv) subscribing to newsletters; (v) purchasing a product or services through our online store; (vi) using “tell a friend,” “email this page,” or other similar features; (vii) requesting technical support; and (viii) otherwise through use of MPC Services where personal data is required for use and/or participation.
We may collect the following data about you:
Data you give us directly:
- if you register with us (such as your date of birth, username, password and email address) that you provide by entering any competitions or completing any surveys;
- information you provide by participating in any MPC hosted chat forums or social media functions; and
information you provide us if you report a problem with any Services.
Data we may collect when you use our Services (whether or not you register with us):
- data provided through tracking cookies, which include your IP address, device information and browsing history;
- data about your computer's browser version, operating system version, page loading time, network, generated device identifier information, hashed MAC address, referral source and IP address
- the number of times you visit our Services and the amount of time you spend using the Services; and
where you are accessing Services through a third-party account such as Facebook or Google - certain information relating to your account with those third parties including your name, user ID, gender, location (country and/or city specific), email address, date of birth, information from your public profile including friends and connections, log in details, avatar, gender and other information based on your use of our Services.
MPC may supplement your data with data received from third parties in connection with demographic, advertisement, market and other analytics surveys or services.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience. Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website. We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service. Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions.
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- To send periodic emails.
The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Do you have access to your data?
Yes. Any data subject may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer directly with all questions and suggestions concerning data protection. We will need sufficient information from you to establish your identity and to verify your access request, and also to assist us in handling your request.
The Mysterious Package Company
136 Geary Avenue
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or in emails. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Terms of Service
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at https://mysteriouspackage.com/pages/terms-of-service.
If you have questions about an order or general enquiries, you may contact the Concierge using the information below.